American Memory westanal Page 2
6. Write one objective observation about the photograph.
7. Write one subjective observation about the photograph.
8. Do the clothing, the background, or any other elements of the photograph provide
any clues about the photograph? Explain.
9. When and where in the past do you think that the photograph was taken? How can
10. If you had been the photographer, why would you have taken this photograph?
11. Does the photograph appear to be staged? If there are people in the photograph,
are they posed?
12. Why did you choose this photograph?
13. What questions would you still like to have answered about this photograph? Is it
possible to answer the remaining questions? How?