In the event of a fire from electrical overload, turn
off the circuit, use a fire extinguisher rated for
electrical fires or call the fire department if the fire
is beyond your control.
A short circuit can occur any time a foreign conductor
comes in contact with a wire carrying current to a load.
Wear rubber gloves, turn off main power, and
unplug equipment from the power source when
installing a fuse.
Two metal pieces that make contact with each other
to allow the flow of electric current are found on a
20. A safety device designed to protect the user during
the operation of appliances is a grounding wire.
Local shock passes through the body and can
22. The type of shock causing the heart to stop, breathing
to cease and muscles to convulse is referred to as a
Posting local fire codes, inspecting fire safety devices
and storing flammable materials properly are all
protocols of fire prevention.
24. The direct current used in electrotherapy treatments
Anaphoresis is a type of phoresis often used
26. Iontophoresis treatment uses cataphoresis to build
up or nourish the deeper layers of the epidermis.
Having opposite poles in an electrical current is
referred to as polarity.
28. The negatively charged electrode is called a cathode.