GUESS? and W MAGAZINE: BEHIND THE LENS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPATION
IN BEHIND THE LENS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Entrants must submit their own original photographs and meet the following conditions: Entrants should be without
New York gallery representation, entrants must not have had a solo show in New York and entrants must not have been
published in any national magazine(s). Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the 50 United States
or District of Columbia as of the entry date.
2. Entrants retain all copyrights to works submitted; however, by submitting their Entry, each Entrant agrees and does
thereby grant non-exclusive licenses to GUESS?, W magazine and ACRIA (collectively "Sponsors") allowing Sponsors to
feature the works that comprise their Entries in W magazine and/or on respective websites, along with the rights to reproduce,
display and sell such works at the GUESS? and W magazine BEHIND THE LENS exhibit and auction benefiting ACRIA. Entrants
agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors and their affiliates, parent companies, employees and agents from and against
any and all third party claims against Sponsors for Sponsors' use of the works that comprise their Entries under the license
3. Entrants should submit three (3) unframed original 11" x 14" photographs (which constitutes one Entry). Entries must
be received by mail (U.S. Postal Service, Fed Ex, UPS, etc.); no hand deliveries will be accepted. One Entry per person.
All Entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. All Entries must be received by
December 6, 2004 and sent to:
BEHIND THE LENS
c/o Marketing Department
7 West 34th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10001
4. Entries should be accompanied by an entry form available online via
. Entry forms will be available online starting November 8, 2004. Entry forms should be attached to the
outside of the package containing the three (3) submitted photographs. Entries should also include photographer's CV
(resume) and contact information including telephone, email and mailing address.
5. Promotion begins November 8, 2004 and ends December 6, 2004. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, damaged
or illegible Entries, or for postage due or misdirected mail. Mechanically reproduced Entries not eligible.
6. Prizes include the following: One Grand Prize Winner will photograph the GUESS? Fall 2005 National Advertising Campaign
(value: $5,000); three Runners-Up will each receive a $2,000 cash prize; select works from the 20 finalists' submissions will
be showcased at the GUESS? and W magazine BEHIND THE LENS exhibition at a premier New York City gallery in Spring
2005; all exhibited works will be sold with proceeds benefiting AIDS Community Research Initiative of America (ACRIA).
7. Winners will be selected based on their individual interpretation of fashion photography by up to five judges with professional
experience in the fashion, photography or design industries on or about December 20, 2004 and will be notified by mail and/or
telephone. Winners will be highlighted in an in-book listing on one of the W Personal Shopper promotional pages in W's March
2005 issue. Grand Prize winner and three runners-up will be selected from the 20 finalists. If a winner cannot be contacted or
does not respond within three days, an alternate winner may be selected. All decisions of the judges are final. Any misrepresen-
tation or fraud will result in forfeiture of the prize(s) and may result in further legal action.
8. Select works from the 20 finalists' photography will be sold at the GUESS? and W magazine BEHIND THE LENS exhibition
with all proceeds benefiting ACRIA. All entrants will be provided with the names and addresses of buyers of their work, if any.
9. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
10. Employees of the Sponsors and their families are not eligible to enter the GUESS? and W magazine BEHIND THE LENS search.
11. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia,
and where prohibited by law.
12. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsors in which a prize of equal or greater value
will be substituted.
13. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winners' names, likeness(es) and winning
Entry for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation; (ii) winner may be required to sign an
affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity/permission release within 14 days of attempted notification or an alternate winner
may be chosen; (iii) winners may be required to submit a release signed by the subject of the photo(s).
14. For a list of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to BEHIND THE LENS Winners' List, W Magazine c/o
Marketing Department, 7 West 34th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10001 after December 20, 2004, but before June 1, 2005.
For further information contact 800.566.0219.