EUROPEAN FILM AWARDS 2006
page 1 of 7
REGULATIONS FOR THE EUROPEAN FILM AWARDS 2006
The aims of the European Film Awards are:
- to celebrate the excellence and diversity of European cinema
- to attract new audiences to European film
- to draw attention to new European talent.
Academy e.V. (EFA).
The executive body is the EFA Board. The Board consists of the Chairman, two
deputy Chairmen and up to 15 further EFA members.
The European Film Awards will be presented for the nineteenth time in 2006.
The European Film Academy presents awards in the following categories:
· EUROPEAN FILM 2006 (award goes to the director and the producer jointly)
· EUROPEAN DIRECTOR 2006
· EUROPEAN ACTRESS 2006
· EUROPEAN ACTOR 2006
· EUROPEAN SCREENWRITER 2006
· EUROPEAN CINEMATOGRAPHER 2006
· EUROPEAN COMPOSER 2006
· EUROPEAN DISCOVERY 2006
· EUROPEAN FILM ACADEMY AWARD FOR AN ARTISTIC CONTRIBUTION 2006
· EUROPEAN FILM ACADEMY LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
· EUROPEAN FILM ACADEMY CRITICS AWARD 2006 - Prix FIPRESCI
· EUROPEAN ACHIEVEMENT IN WORLD CINEMA 2006 Prix Screen International
· EUROPEAN FILM ACADEMY DOCUMENTARY 2006 Prix ARTE
· EUROPEAN FILM ACADEMY SHORT FILM 2006 Prix UIP
Each nominee receives a certificate.
Each award winner receives a certificate and a statuette.
FEATURE FILMS: Eligibility
European* feature-length fiction films intended for normal theatrical release are
eligible for the European Film Awards 2006.
The films must have been completed after 1st July, 2005.
The date of completion shall mean the date of production and availability of the
first print. If necessary, the laboratory can certify at which date the first print was
produced and available.
The films must have a director who was born in Europe or has a European
passport. The criteria whereby a film qualifies as European* are based upon the
European Convention on Cinematographic Co-production, Appendix II, issued by
the Council of Europe. According to the Convention, a film qualifies as European if
it achieves 15 points out of a possible maximum of 19 from a schedule of