Kolmetz.com Refinery Definitions Page 7
82. TUBE BUNDLE - A group of fixed parallel tubes, such as is used in a heat
exchanger. The tube bundle includes the tube sheets with the tubes, the baffles,
and the spacer rods.
83. TUBE STILL - A still in which heat is applied to the oil while being pumped
through a coil or series of coils or tubes arranged in a suitable firebox.
84. TURBINE - A machine for producing power activated by the expansion of steam
on a series of curved vanes in an impeller attached to a central shaft.
85. VACUUM JETS - Steam ejectors for removing air and non-condensable gases.
86. VAPOR LOCK - Occurrence of air pockets or formation of vapor in a line or
pump causing interruption of flow or loss of suction.