20 Questions Every Parent and Student Should Ask
1. Is it common practice to apply individual cost of attendance adjustments
for students and families when requested?
2. What is your policy regarding "projected year income"?
3. What is the minimum course load required to maintain grades?
4. What is the school's policy on exceptions to a minimum credit load based
on health or academic reasons?
5. May I meet with a financial aid counselor today?
6. Do you consider stepparents' income when analyzing an application for
7. Do you consider an ex-spouse's income for institutional financial aid
8. How much grant assistance do you give a family that has been
determined to have no expected family contribution?
9. Do you leave unmet need in your financial aid package?
10. What is the average debt burden of those students who graduate, and
what is the average time it takes to graduate?
11. Does your grant aid to freshman remain constant for their remaining