The Thomas and Uber Cup 2006 SMS Contest
(Contest open to all residents of Malaysia)
Be part of the Thomas & Uber Cup finals and WIN an exclusive Malaysian Thomas Cup Squad signed jersey and exclusive Thomas & Uber Cup 2006
merchandises from Yonex Japan.
All you have to do is SMS
, answer 2 simple questions and create a slogan to WIN. You will also be required to send in your personal
particulars in order to complete the contest entry.
To WIN, start SMS
Contest ends at 19th May 2006.
1 x Team Malaysia signed jersey for the Thomas & Uber Cup 2006 (signed by all 10 members of the squad with authenticity)
10 x exclusive Yonex Thomas & Uber Cup 2006 T-Shirts (only sold in Japan during the tournament)
10 x exclusive Yonex Thomas & Uber Cup 2006 mini-bag (only sold in Japan during the tournament)
A premium SMS charge of RM0.50 will be billed for each SMS sent to user, on top of the premium SMS charge by respective mobile operators at of
Terms and Conditions
· The Thomas & Uber Cup SMS Contest is organised by Total Sports Sdn. Bhd. and it's affiliates and endorsed by the International Badminton Federation
· The Thomas & Uber Cup SMS Contest ("Contest") starts at 12:00am on 28th April 2006 and ends at 11:59pm on 19th May 2006 ("Contest Period)or such other time that IBF or its agent shall decide
from time to time. Entries received after the stipulated time will be disqualified.
· The Contest is open to mobile telephony users ("Contestants") of prepaid and post-paid services of 012, 017, 016, 013 & 019 mobile phone operators providing Short Messaging System ("SMS")
· Employees of the International Badminton Federation ("IBF") and its affiliates, sponsors, agencies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
· The Contestant can send in as many entries as they wish, each Contestant is only eligible to win one prize regardless of the total number of entries.
· Contestants under the age of eighteen (18) must seek parental and/or guardian approval before participating in the Contest. IBF considers it the responsibility of parents and/or guardian to monitor their
children's participation in this Contest.
· Where applicable, Contestants must obtain consent from the bill payers before participating in the Contest. Payment shall be made irrespective of whether such charges were authorised by the bill
payer. For the purposes herein the term "bill payer" shall mean the individual, company or entity specified in the registration or subscription form whose application for the relevant service has been
approved and accepted by the mobile phone operator.
· To participate in the Contest, Contestants must request for questions by keying in <TUC> and sending it to 33488. There are two (2) questions and one slogan to answer per entry and Contestants
must answer all 2 questions correctly, send in the slogan and personal particulars to be eligible to win a prize. To answer a question, the Contestant must send TUC <ANSWER> (e.g. TUC A) to
33488. Once the Contestant has sent in the answer, he/she will receive the following question and instructions on how to answer.
· The winner will be chosen from all correct and complete entries with the best slogan solely determined by IBF officials.
· IBF's agent Total Sports Sdn Bhd ("TSSB") will contact the winner via their mobile phones and email address registered. In the event a Contestant is not contactable in 7 days, TSSB reserves the right
to disqualify his/ her eligibility and the next qualified Contestant will be selected.
· IBF reserves the right to substitute or replace any of the prizes with another of similar value at any time, if the stated prizes are not available due to unforeseen circumstances without any prior notice.
All prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
· Results once announced are final. Disputes or appeals will not be entertained.
· The Contest shall in all respects be governed by the laws of Malaysia. However, it shall be the sole responsibility and obligation of each Contestant to ensure that he/she complies with and does not
contravene any laws to which he/she may be personally subject.
· IBF reserves the right to, at any time, vary, add or amend any part of this Contest (including the prizes and discontinuing the Contest) or any part of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice
· IBF will not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a SMS as a result of any
network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the participating mobile phone operators and/or by IBF appointed service provider. In the event of such error,
interruption and/or failure, IBF shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Contestant to participate in the Contest at any time.
· IBF shall not be liable to the participant or any other party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any Contestants as a result of participation or non-participation in the Contest or as a
result of any act or omission on the part of IBF.
· Failure to comply with the said Terms & Conditions, rules, regulations, instructions and methods will result in the Contestants being disqualified.
· The Contestant must ensure that their Contest entries are complete and accurate. Incomplete, illegible or late entries shall be disqualified.
· IBF reserves the right to reject any registration and/or entry at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever or refund
· In the event IBF has a prize giving ceremony, the Contest winner(s) are required to attend at his/her own cost and expense to collect the prize. In the event the Contest winner is not able to attend the
prize giving ceremony, the Contest winner must nominate a representative to be present at the prize giving ceremony to accept the prize on his/her behalf.
· Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to IBF and its agencies to use the winner's name, photograph and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation and
notice, unless prohibited by law.
· IBF and its agent reserve the right to send SMS messages and email to the Contestants' mobile phone numbers and email address containing information and promotional activities regarding services
or events organized or promoted by the IBF. If a Contestant does not wish to receive such SMS messages the Contestant is required to inform IBF or its agent accordingly at 03-7660 9611
· By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of IBF shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Further
queries or appeals shall not be entertained.